An Update on the UK Blog Awards 2016

I am absolutely delighted to announce that 'A Week in Auschwitz' has been shortlisted, one of 10 entries in the Education category of the UK Blog Awards 2016!

The final will be held in London at the end of April; it is now up to a small panel of judges to decide who will be the overall winner in this category. In the meantime, however, I want to thank each and every one of you for your unwavering support, encouragement and efforts to get the blog into the shortlist.
I Tweeted about voting for the blog almost every day for three weeks, and I was greatly worried that this would become such an irritation that people would choose to ignore these posts! Clearly, however, you voted - and some voted more than once, from more than one device, every day - and your time and efforts have paid off.

It would be lovely to win the Education category, but I am shortlisted alongside many other deserving winners, such as a primary school class, teachers, parents and a speech and language therapist. I will be just as happy to have been shortlisted even if I don't win, because what I set out to do has really been achieved - to raise awareness of this blog and the positive message of Holocaust education and awareness on the Internet, in the face of all the negative comments that can now be found on the web. To be recognised for this is a great honour.

So, once again, thank you all so much for getting the blog to the finals. I will keep you updated come April...!