A Quick Update

Once again, it has been a long time since I have updated this blog, and for that I can only apologise. I am currently in America attending the 20th Annual Summer Institute on the Holocaust and Jewish Civilisation at Northwestern University; it's a fantastic privilege to be here but it does mean that I have been kept very busy with preparative reading and other errands! Needless to say I will be reporting on my experience of the Institute soon after I arrive back in the U.K., in early July.

Furthermore, I have not forgotten about Part Two of my most recent visit to the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum, despite the fact that it has been some time since I published the first section. I have been waiting on some photographs that were taken by a friend on the day; once I have a little more time, I will be putting these together and writing the second half of that blog.

I am delighted to say that, three years after starting this blog, hits to this site have now reached almost 30,000. Readership continues to grow and the international nature of my readers continues to surprise me: recent statistics show most readers from America and Britain but also from places as diverse as Germany, Ireland, South Korea, Denmark and the Ukraine. I cannot thank you all enough for taking the time to check and read the blog, and only wish that I could update it more regularly!

I look forwarding to writing a new, more substantial post soon...