Season's Greetings and Reflections on 2014

I would like to take this opportunity to wish my readers a very Merry Christmas or festive season, wherever you may be. This time of year is a time to get together with friends and family and let them know how much they are appreciated and loved, something which I have found very important through studying a subject as emotive and horrific as the Holocaust. I wish all my followers and readers health, happiness, success, and a prosperous New Year.

This blog has been a labour of love ever since I wrote my first post over two years ago. I feel awful that I haven't been able to keep it more regularly updated, but in recent times I have been incredibly busy, and sadly experienced the loss of a close relative a month ago. It's amazing how quickly time passes by sometimes...
At the beginning of 2014, I was hoping to have a post written at least every fortnight. Well, with a bit of luck that will be a more realistic goal in 2015, but as I will be conducting research and writing a Master's dissertation, that may not be totally achievable. It is also a shame that I still haven't written anything about my time at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington D.C., or my experiences in Riga in the summer. I still think these experiences are very important to reflect on, to write about and share with whoever may be interested in reading them, so that is also something I hope to accomplish in the New Year, once I have a bit more free time.

For those of you who read the blog, or even check up on it from time to time, I cannot thank you enough. I honestly never expected to still be updating this after two years, even if I have had to do quite a lot of apologising for the lack of content in recent months!
Next year we will commemorate the 70th anniversary of the liberation of concentration camps such as Auschwitz and the end of the Second World War. It's a huge year, and sadly, probably the last large commemoration event in which many survivors will be involved. I hope you will all take part in one way or another, and that I can notify readers of this blog of things which are taking place in the U.K., at least.

Wishing you all the very best,

Imogen